Below is a roundup of our most popular posts of 2012 so you can catch up on anything you missed from the past year.
We make about 50 posts per year. Frankly, some of my favorite posts like What Chefs and Private Investigators Have in Common, The Secret to a Successful Private Investigation Business and A Rant – Do Former Law Enforcement Officers Make Better Private Investigators? didn’t even end up on the list.
But with almost 100,000 visitors this year, these are the posts that our readers thought were the most interesting based on the amount of traffic we received.
1) How To Look Up Criminal Records
If you want to know how to dig deep and find criminal records the right way, here are some simple steps that you need to take.
2) Can Private Investigators Get Cell Phone Records
Here is the bottom line: Unless you are the owner of the cell phone in question or have specific permission or a court order to obtain the records, private investigators (or anyone else) cannot get cell phone records for you (unless you want to break the law, of course).
3) Warning: Online Background Check Services Are Not What You Think
We tested one of the major online criminal background check services and were surprised to find how inaccurate the results were.
4) 6 Things Private Investigators Are Not Allowed to Get Without Authorization
There are some things that private investigators are not legally allowed to get without signed authorization or other official court order.
5) Why a “Nationwide Criminal Background Check” is Complete BS!
Well … for one thing … there is no such thing as a nationwide criminal background check!
6) How to Conduct a Background Check Like the FBI
Of course the FBI has access to information that the public does not, but even the FBI relies on openly available sources to conduct background checks at the highest level of the government.
7) How Much Does It Cost to Find a Person
This is a question that comes up frequently. Here is a quick rundown of how we approach it with our clients, but keep in mind that this may not be the way every private investigator does it.
8) Four Ways to Find Somebody on Facebook…even the Boogie Man
Did you know that you can find the Boogie Man on Facebook?
9) 5 Private Investigator Misconceptions Busted!
There are lots of misconceptions about what private investigators can and cannot do.
10) Who Should You Trust? 11 Types of People to Be Wary Of
This list pretty much covers … everyone!
Previous Top 10’s:
- The Top Ten: 2011′s Most Popular Posts From Diligentia Group
- The Top Ten: 2010′s Most Popular Posts from Diligentia Group